Vacation and Home Renovation Security Camera Loaner Program
RPV residents may take advantage of the City's vacation security camera loaner program and check out a Ring Spotlight Cam Battery and select accessories for use at home while on vacation or for home renovation purposes such as fumigation.
To participate in the City's public safety program, RPV residents are required to:
1. Review and sign the Acknowledgment of Program Terms and Release of Liability
2. Review and complete the Check Out Form (DOC)
3. Contact Megan Barnes, Senior Administrative Analyst in the City Manager’s office, at 310-544-5226 or email@example.com to schedule a pick-up time at RPV City Hall. Residents will be asked to:
- Complete the above-mentioned forms on site or submit completed forms
- Provide proof of residency (valid driver's license OR a current utility bill with photo identification)
- Provide an accepted form of payment in the event the Device and/or Accessories are damaged, destroyed or lost (refer to the Acknowledgment of Program Terms and Release of Liability).
When all program steps are successfully completed, a resident will be able to receive a loaned Ring Spotlight Cam Battery and accessories at Rancho Palos Verdes City Hall.
Thank you to residents that have participated and provided the following feedback -
"It was easy to set up the Ring Spotlight Cam at my home."
"Thank you for this innovative program!"
"The LED spotlight feature is very bright. It would be obvious to an intruder that he is being monitored."
"I still have the Ring app on my phone after returning the loaned Spotlight Cam. It's been interesting to follow the happenings that are going on real-time in my neighborhood. It's good awareness for myself and family."
"I don't own any security cameras and this was very effective in terms of viewing any activity within my home."
"Overall, we are very impressed with the Ring product and with Ring technical support."
Information about Ring Device & Accessories Available for Check Out
RPV residents are able to check out one Spotlight Cam Battery which is a battery-powered security camera with LED spotlights and siren. Residents are also able to check out one Chime Pro, a Wi-Fi extender, and one quick release "back-up" battery. Per the program guidelines, the loaned Spotlight Cam must be placed inside the home.
Please note that in order to use the device a participating RPV resident needs to have Wi-Fi at their residence and a device such as a smart phone or tablet.