Information on COVID-19
7The City of Rancho Palos Verdes continues to monitor the spread of the novel coronavirus in Los Angeles County and is working closely with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and our local Disaster Management Area Coordinator. Here is the latest information:
As of April 11, there are 1,225,796 confirmed cases of COVID-19 across Los Angeles County (population 10.17 million). The total includes 1,473 cases in Rancho Palos Verdes (population 42,747), 445 in Palos Verdes Estates (population 13,522), 274 in Rolling Hills Estates (population 8,113), 54 in Rolling Hills (population 1,940), and 64 in the unincorporated areas of the Peninsula (population 1,921). Countywide, 23,477 people have died.
According to the L.A. County Department of Public Health, 53 deaths have been reported in Rancho Palos Verdes. The City extends its deepest condolences to the families of these residents.
For a list of cases broken down by city, demographic characteristics, and settings, visit the L.A. County Department of Public Health's Locations & Demographics page.
For an interactive dashboard showing COVID-19 testing, cases and death data by community and demographic characteristics, visit http://dashboard.publichealth.lacounty.gov/covid19_surveillance_dashboard/
An interactive dashboard of COVID-19 cases in the South Bay maintained by the City of Torrance is available at bit.ly/2XB1fv1. The dashboard reflects information sourced by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.
According to the L.A. County Department of Public Health, as of April 4, 50.2% of Rancho Palos Verdes residents age 18 and over received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Now Eligible for the Vaccine
- Healthcare Workers
- Staff and Residents at Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Staff and Residents at Long-Term Care Facilities
- L.A. County Residents 50 and Older - More info: webpage | PDF
- Education and Childcare - More info: webpage | PDF
- Emergency Services - More info: webpage | PDF
- Food and Agriculture - More info: webpage | PDF
- People with Serious Health Conditions/Disabilities - More info: webpage | PDF
- People Who Live or Work in Congregate Living Spaces - More info: webpage | PDF
- Janitorial, Custodial, and Maintenance Services - More info: webpage | PDF
- Transportation and Logistics - More info: webpage | PDF
Starting April 15, individuals 16+ will be eligible to make an appointment to be vaccinated.
Appointments can be made at MyTurn.ca.gov or VaccinateLACounty.com. Please note that appointments are extremely limited. Be persistent and vigilant to better your odds of securing an appointment. Check the websites early in the morning, and have a family member or trusted friend check for you and try to make an appointment on your behalf to have the best chance of getting one. Appointments can also be made by phone by calling (833) 540-0473 between 8 a.m. and 8:30 p.m.