Free L.A. County Testing
Free, same-day COVID-19 tests are available from the County of Los Angeles at testing sites throughout the county for:
- People with any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- People working or living in places such as skilled nursing facilities, group homes, residential care facilities, and persons experiencing homelessness.
- People who were in close contact with someone with COVID-19.
- Essential workers with frequent contacts with the public in these sectors: health care, emergency services, food and grocery, retail or manufacturing, public transportation, and education. To view a complete list of the essential worker's group from the California Department of Public Health, click here.
If you want to get a COVID-19 test, but do not meet the criteria, please call your provider. Some testing sites may offer no cost (free) testing if you do not meet the criteria, please make sure to ask or check for information about any costs.
Private Testing on the Peninsula
Several urgent care facilities on the Palos Verdes Peninsula offer COVID-19 and antibody testing. For information about costs and insurance coverage, please check with the facility.
Rancho Palos Verdes Urgent Care
28900 South Western Avenue, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
COVID-19 testing and antibody testing are available. For more information, call 424-702-0500 or visit urgentmednetwork.com.
Exer Urgent Care
395 Silver Spur Road, Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
Palos Verdes Medical Group
550 Deep Valley Drive #319, Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
Palos Verdes Medical Group offers drive-thru COVID-19 testing, as well as antibody testing, on the fourth (top) floor of the Promenade on the Peninsula mall. Testing is by appointment only and open to both PVMG patients and community members. Call PVMG at 310-544-6858 or email email@example.com for any questions or to schedule a Telehealth visit.
American Red Cross Testing Donations for COVID-19 Antibodies
The American Red Cross now tests all blood, platelet and plasma donations for COVID-19 antibodies.
The antibody test is authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and may indicate if the donor’s immune system has produced antibodies to the coronavirus, regardless of whether an individual developed symptoms. Red Cross blood, platelet and plasma donations are tested using samples obtained at the time of donation and sent to a testing laboratory, where the samples also undergo routine screening and infectious disease testing. A positive antibody test result does not confirm infection or immunity.
Red Cross donors can expect to receive the results of their antibody test within 7 to 10 days through the Red Cross Blood Donor App or on the donor portal at redcrossblood.org.