Vehicle Parking Programs
Oversized Vehicle Parking Permits
- The applicant MUST submit the following items for verification when filing the application: California drivers license, proof of registration from the DMV that the vehicle is currently registered to the applicant, and proof of property tax bill or public utility bill.
In Accordance with Ordinance 492 (PDF) adopted by the City Council action on June 30, 2009 and Resolution No. 2010-15 (PDF):
- Beginning January 1, 2010, the parking of oversized vehicles is prohibited on any public street or alley within the City without a permit.
- Initial Permit Fee is $50 per registered vehicle.
- Annual Permit Fee is $30 per registered vehicle.
- Guest permit are available for $50.
- Permit allows 6 parking opportunities per month for loading and unloading vehicle only.
- Applications are available online or at the Public Works Department.
Neighborhood Parking Permits
The City Council has approved the following neighborhood parking permit areas, where on street parking, for the area residents, is by City issued parking decals only:
- High School Parking
- Peninsula Verde
- Rolling Hills Riviera
- San Ramon
- Del Cerro
- Island View (temporarily suspended)
Crenshaw Blvd Parking
The City Council has approved parking restrictions on Crenshaw Blvd near Del Cerro Park to improve safety and circulation near the entrance to the Palos Verdes Nature Preserve. Neighborhood Permit Parking Programs have been instituted in the near-by neighborhoods.
Public Parking is allowed on the south side of Crenshaw Blvd. Parking has been restricted on the north side with red-curbing.
The first ten (10) parking spaces on the south side of Crenshaw Blvd west of Park Place are designated for RPV Resident Recreation Permit Parking Pass holders only.
RPV Resident Recreation Permits are available to RPV residents only and can be obtained at City Hall with proof of residency including a current vehicle registration. Note that all documents need to have the Rancho Palos Verdes address.
- Guest Permit Application (PDF)
- Neighborhood Permit Parking Staff Report (PDF)
- Ordinance No. 492 Oversized Vehicle Parking (PDF)
- Ordinance No. 493 General Parking (PDF)
- Oversized Vehicle Staff Report (PDF)
- Permit Parking FAQ (PDF)
- Resident Permit Application (PDF)
- Permit Parking Petition (PDF)
- Crenshaw Blvd Recreation Permit Resolution (PDF)
- Crenshaw Blvd Recreation Permit Map (PDF)