Electronic Plan Check Review
The online submittal system offers flexibility to applicants who submit engineering and construction documents for review with the City of Rancho Palos Verdes Building & Safety Department. In addition to enhancing customer service and communication, this online system offers financial benefits by reducing paper use, printing costs, driving time, and gasoline consumption.
- Planning approval is required for many types of projects prior to submitting to Building & Safety for Plan Check. Be sure to upload your planning clearance.
- Building Permit application with the full detailed scope of work and all other applicable supporting documents (Soils Reports, Calculations and etc., are required when submitting your project.
- Drainage & Grading Reviews can be submitted.
- Properly label all documents & plans and upload them to to correct designated area. Plans should not be mixed with supporting documents.
- Plan Check Review fees will be calculated and submitted to the applicant prior to staff submitting your online plan check request. Plans will not be reviewed until payment is made.
Plan Check Timelines
- First submittal will take up to 10 business days.
- Subsequent submittals and revisions will take up to 5 business days.
- The applicant will be contacted when the plan check is complete.
- Steps for Obtaining City Approval for Residential Construction (PDF)
- Plan Check Permit Application
- Owner Builder Declaration (PDF)
- Authorized Agent Form (PDF)
- Geology Submittal Application
- Geologic Review fee schedule 2022
- Plan-Check-Submittal-Checklist 2022
- Permit-Plan Check Extension Form (PDF)
- Owner's Best Management Practices (BMPs) Form (PDF)
- Building Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Carbon Monoxide 2016 Code handout (PDF)
- Construction hardship request 2017
- Drainage Plan Check Requirements (PDF)
- Dwelling Design Standards (PDF)
- Fire Flow Availability Form (PDF)
- LID PLAN - NPDE - APPLICATION
- Fire Hazard Map (PDF)
- Grading and Drainage plan check list 2019 Codes (PDF)
- Grading Plan Check List (PDF)
- High Fire Hazard Fire Hazard Severity Zone Requirements (PDF)
- Pool and Spa Plan Check List 2019 Codes
- Pool and Spa Procedures (PDF)
- Retaining Wall Handout (PDF)
- Smoke alarm handout 2017 (PDF)
- Kitchen Remodeling Sample Detail (PDF)
- Residential Mandatory Measures (2019 CALGREEN ) (PDF)
- RPV AQMD Asbestos Disclosure Form
- Los Angeles County Fire Department 310-263-2732
- Los Angeles County Fuel Modification 626-969-5205
- South Coast Air Quality Management District 909-396-2000
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health 888-700-9995
- Los Angeles County Department of Sanitation 562-908-4228
Building & Safety
Inspection RequestPhone: 310-544-5279
30940 Hawthorne Boulevard
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
Monday through Thursday
7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (closed noon to 1 p.m.)
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed noon to 1 p.m.)
Monday through Friday
7:30 to 8:30 a.m.
4 p.m. to Closing
Allowable Construction Hours
Monday through Friday
7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday or Legal Holidays
No work allowed, unless a Special Construction Permit is obtained at least 48 hours before work is to begin.