RV Parking Regulations
The regulations for parking RVs and other vehicles on private property are as follows:
- RVs and other vehicles may be parked and stored on private property provided the vehicle is parked on a legally paved surface and does not overhang onto the sidewalk or landscaping.
- If the vehicle is parked on a direct access driveway, the vehicle must be parked essentially perpendicular to the street of access.
- If the vehicle is parked in the front yard or on any other portion of a property that is visible from the public right-of-way, the vehicle must be in a reasonably maintained condition or covered.
- One RV or other vehicle may be parked and stored on an undeveloped property if certain provisions are met.
- Parked or stored vehicles may not be occupied or used for sleeping. However, temporary guest permits may be obtained from the city.
On Street Parking of Oversized Vehicles
Oversized vehicle means any motorized vehicle that exceedsany of the following:
- 22 feet inlength
- 7 feet in width
- 8 feet in height
- Having a manufacturer’s gross vehicle weight rating of 10,000 pounds or more