On May 18, City Hall reopened to the public during regular business hours (7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday, and 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Friday). City Hall is located at 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard in Rancho Palos Verdes, and the main phone line is 310-544-5200.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, visitors are required to wear face coverings and adhere to physical distancing guidelines. Some employees are working on rotation and may be working remotely.
If you need to visit City Hall, please schedule an appointment in advance by calling the appropriate department and follow all posted instructions during your visit (virtual appointments are encouraged as an alternative, if possible). For a list of department phone numbers, visit the Staff Directory on the City website. Visitors are asked to make an appointment, but walk-ins of up to one to two people at a time may be allowed depending on availability at the counter.
The following safeguards have been implemented at City Hall to protect the health of the public and employees:
- Plexiglass partitions have been installed at public counters.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been installed at building entrances.
- Paper towels are available at building entrances for opening doors, and trash cans are available for paper towel disposal.
- Deep cleaning is performed throughout the day and public counters are sanitized between visits.
- Markings have been placed on the ground noting physical distancing requirements.
When you visit City Hall:
- Wear a face covering.
- Check the monitor outside of the Community Development building for instructions and real-time availability.
- Waiting in the lobby will not be permitted. If another visitor is ahead of you, do not form a line outside, but return to your car and call the department to add your name to the wait list. Remain in your car (or park grounds) until a staff member can assist you.
- If you do not have an appointment, please sign in by phone and wait in your car (or park grounds).
- Use hand sanitizing stations prior to entering buildings.
- Minimize surface contact.
- Maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet.