Green Hills Memorial Day Fireworks May 30
Please be advised that on Sunday, May 30 around 8:30 p.m., as part of its Memorial Day Observance, Green Hills Memorial Park will put on a 15-minute fireworks show to commemorate its display of The Moving Wall, a half-size traveling replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. This event is invite-only. Please view the fireworks from your home or watch a livestream of the evening’s activities starting at 7 p.m. at greenhillsmemorial.com. The City also reminds residents to take extra precautions to keep your pets safe during the fireworks show and as Fourth of July approaches:
- Make sure your pet has a collar and tags with your personal information. Include a phone number where you can be reached.
- Get your pet microchipped and please verify the information for that microchip is correct.
- Keep your pets indoors in a cool, comfortable place with some “white noise” distraction.
- Your pets may want to hide; allow them access to a room away from windows.
- If your dog is outside, make sure all gates are closed and locked and fencing is secure. Your dog may try to escape if it becomes startled.