Excessive Heat Watch Issued for September 4-5
The National Weather Service has issued an Excessive Heat Watch for September 4-5, with high temperatures and drought conditions increasing wildfire risk. Take precautions to avoid heat-related illness and be prepared for wildfire.
- Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors.
- Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles under any circumstances.
- Read more Heat Safety Tips
- See something, say something. Report any sign of smoke or fire immediately to your local fire department by dialing 9-1-1. If you dial 9-1-1 from your cell phone, be sure to know your location.
- Have your Ready! Set! Go! Wildfire Action Plan in place. It’s critical for residents to be familiar with the Ready! Set! Go! program that provides important pre-planning and evacuation information. To download the Ready! Set! Go! Wildfire Action Plan and view informational how-to videos, visit fire.lacounty.gov/rsg.