Whale of a Day
Saturday, April 15th
10am-4pm at the Point Vicente Interpretive Center
Save the date, Saturday, April 15, 2023, The City of Rancho Palos Verdes and Los Serenos de Point Vicente will host the Annual Whale of a Day. This exciting event is fun for everyone. Whale of a Day celebrates the migration of the Pacific Gray whale from the frigid waters of the Arctic seas to the warm lagoons of Baja California.
Event highlights include:
- Children's games & crafts
- Face painting
- Kids’ Fun Zone
- Puppet shows
- Point Vicente Lighthouse Grounds Tours
- Tours of the Interpretive Center’s museum
- Marine-themed vendors and local organizations
- Live music from local artists
- Food trucks, Beer and Wine
- Silent Auction & Raffle
- And as always – gorgeous views and cliff-side whale watching!
The event is free to the public and takes place on the main grounds of the Point Vicente Interpretive Center at 31501 Palos Verdes Drive West. Event parking is free and is located at Rancho Palos Verdes City Hall with a free shuttle bus service to PVIC.
If you have questions about this year's event, please contact the Recreation and Parks Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-544-5260.