When and how should I look for my lost pet?
If your pet is wearing a current license of ID tag, the County Animal Care and Control Department will make every effort to notify you and reunite you with your pet. You are encouraged to visit the Animal Shelter at 216 West Victoria Avenue in Carson to look for your lost pet. Animals picked up within the city’s jurisdiction will be taken to this shelter and cared for. Be sure to check all areas of the shelter and ask about any injured animals that may have been taken to a veterinarian or that were picked up dead off the street. Be sure to leave information about your lost pet on the shelter's lost / found bulletin board. It’s always helpful if you bring a current photo, if you have one.

Show All Answers

1. What is the number to call Animal Control?
2. What agency provides animal control services?
3. What is the address for the County Animal Shelter and what are its hours of operation?
4. How do I report a neighbor’s barking dog?
5. How many pets are allowed per household?
6. What is the city’s leash law?
7. Are dogs allowed on the city’s beaches and parks?
8. Where can I get a license for my dog?
9. What are the dog license fees?
10. What vaccinations are required by law?
11. How long does a rabies vaccination last?
12. What should I do if I see an injured animal?
13. What should I do if a dog bites me?
14. Who do I contact about dead animals?
15. Can I trap raccoons in my yard?
16. What should do if I see a wild animal on my property?
17. What should I do if I find a lost pet?
18. When and how should I look for my lost pet?
19. Where can I adopt a pet from the Animal Shelter?