What is the process to obtain an encroachment permit?
To obtain a permit, project plans for all work in the City right of way or easement must be submitted for review by City engineering staff. In some cases a Traffic Control Plan will be required to be submitted with the plans. Once plans are approved, the contractor doing the work may obtain a permit, assuming licenses and insurance are in place and fees are paid. Permits for roll-offs may be obtained over the counter in one visit. Applicants should determine their preferred roll-off provider from the list on this page before coming in to the counter. Special event permits will require a consultation with City staff. Please call the Public Works department for an appointment at (310) 544-5252.

Show All Answers

1. What projects need an encroachment permit?
2. Who can obtain an encroachment permit?
3. What is the process to obtain an encroachment permit?
4. How much do they cost and how long will it take?
5. What about parking permits?
6. What about building permits?
7. Does the City issue film permits?