Rancho Caninos Dog Park
- ADA Accessible
- Dog Park
- Hand wash station
- Water faucet and bowl for dogs
The city opened its 1st dog park November 8, 2012. The half-acre, temporary facility is located within Point Vicente Park / Civic Center adjacent to the tennis court. It is separated into small and large dog areas and has a cedar chip surface. The park is named Rancho Caninos, and the city was graciously granted permission by the Ruth Family to use the swinging heart cattle brand for the park logo, which is historically significant to Rancho Palos Verdes.
The park has shaded areas, seating, water faucets and bowls for dogs, a restroom and hand wash station and adjacent parking. The park is also ADA accessible. The facility will be unstaffed and rules are posted. Please remember that dogs must be leashed when outside of the facility. Please send any comments or thoughts to the Recreation and Parks Department by email
Dog Park Rules
- Members of the public entering the dog park are using it at their own risk. The city is not responsible for injuries to people and dogs or illnesses dogs may contract from other dogs.
- Dog park hours are 1 hour before sunrise to 1 hour after sunset.
- Dog owners are limited to a maximum of 2 dogs inside the dog park area.
- Dog owners must clean up after their dog(s).
- All dogs must wear a current license and vaccination tags.
- Dogs are only allowed in the area that is designated for their size.
- Dogs must never be left unattended.
- Aggressive dogs and female dogs in heat are not allowed.
- Dogs must remain on leash at all times coming to and from the enclosed dog park area.
- Leashed dogs are not permitted within the dog park.
- Adults must accompany children under the age of 14.
- Owners must stop their dog(s) from digging. Any holes created must be filled by the owner of the dog(s).
- Unauthorized pieces of equipment, obstacles or apparatus are not allowed in the dog park.
- No food or glass containers are allowed in the dog park.
- The city reserves the right to eject anyone from the dog park at any time for failing to comply with these rules or any other applicable rules pertaining to the use of city parks.