Public Buildings, Parks & Trails & Street Maintenance

City Maintenance Team Responsibilities

City crews, and our contractors work hard every day keep RPV a safe, functional and beautiful place to live and visit. We do this by:

  • Caring for the City's public buildings, parks, trails, and street system including:
    • Administration of public street maintenance and/or improvement through the implementation of a Pavement Management Program.
    • Coordination of approximately 13 miles of median maintenance.
    • Coordination of 29 miles of parkway maintenance.
    • Coordination of an annual Citywide street tree maintenance program for approximately 10,000 trees.
    • Monitoring and evaluating storm drain conditions, including coordinating the maintenance of approximately 1,000 storm drain inlets.
    • Administration of the ongoing street sweeping program with sweeping activity on approximately 285 curb-miles.
  • Coordination of traffic signal and traffic control device maintenance, including painted traffic striping, and raised pavement markers.
  • Oversight of sidewalk, curb, and gutter, as well as weed abatement activities.
  • Oversight of the maintenance of 15 City park facilities representing over 325 acres including maintenance of grounds, irrigation systems, play equipment, walkways, trails, and building interiors and exteriors.
  • Oversight of the maintenance of 1,500 acres of open space and natural preserve.
  • Issuance and inspection of approximately 175 right-of-way permit annually to utility companies working in the public right-of-way, as well as approximately 100 permits annually for driveway approaches, street trees, sewer lines, dumpsters, and curb drains, and approximately 50 cell site construction permits.
  • Reviewing of tentative tract maps, tract and parcel maps, soil and geology reports, and grading plans.

To Report a Problem

If this is an emergency call 911

To report maintenance issues on City property (right of way, parks, City buildings, etc.) please call RPV Public Works at 310-544-5252 or submit a City Service Request using the green button at the bottom of this page.

For sewer overflows, call LA County Public Works at 626-458-4357, 24 hours.

For power or street light outage, call Southern California Edison at 800-611-1911 or visit their outage reporting website, 24 hours.

For water line breaks, call Cal Water at 310-257-1400, 24 hours.