Vehicle Parking Programs
Oversized Vehicle Parking Permits
- The Application MUST include the following items: current California drivers license, proof of registration from the DMV that the vehicle is currently registered to the applicant, and proof of property tax bill or public utility bill. All documents must have the Rancho Palos Verdes address.
In Accordance with Ordinance 492 (PDF) adopted by the City Council action on June 30, 2009 and Resolution No. 2010-15 (PDF):
- Beginning January 1, 2010, the parking of oversized vehicles is prohibited on any public street or alley within the City without a permit.
- Initial Permit Fee is $50 per registered vehicle.
- Annual Permit Fee is $30 per registered vehicle.
- Guest permit are available for $50.
- Permit allows 6 parking opportunities per month for loading and unloading vehicle only.
- Applications are available online or at the Public Works Department.
Neighborhood Parking Permits
The City Council has approved the following neighborhood parking permit areas, where on street parking, for the area residents, is by City issued parking decals only:
- High School Parking
- Peninsula Verde
- Rolling Hills Riviera
- San Ramon
- Del Cerro
- Island View
- Park Place
Crenshaw Blvd Parking
The City Council has approved parking restrictions on Park Place near Del Cerro Park to improve safety and circulation near the entrance to the Palos Verdes Nature Preserve. Neighborhood Permit Parking Programs have been instituted in the near-by neighborhoods.
Public Parking is allowed on the south side of Crenshaw Blvd. Parking has been restricted on Park Place adjacent to Del Cerro Park.
The sixteen (16) parking spaces adjacent to Del Cerro Park on Park Place are designated for RPV Resident Recreation Permit Parking Pass holders only.
RPV Resident Recreation Permits are available to RPV residents only and can be obtained at City Hall with the current application documents listed under Vehicle Permit Parking.
- Resident Permit Application (PDF)
- Guest Permit Application (PDF)
- Permit Parking Petition (PDF)
- Neighborhood Permit Parking Staff Report (PDF)
- Ordinance No. 493 General Parking (PDF)
- Ordinance No. 492 Oversized Vehicle Parking (PDF)
- Oversized Vehicle Staff Report (PDF)
- Permit Parking FAQ (PDF)
- Park Place Recreation Permit Resolution (PDF)