eTrakit - Permitting Portal

etrakit banner

With eTRAKiT, the homeowner, developer and contractor may apply and pay for some permits online. You can submit, schedule and review the results of inspections. Business owners or contractors must apply for the RPV Business License prior to setting up and eTrakit account here

Licensed contractors may also log in and view their previous permits using the CA State Licensing Board license number as their login. Passwords for current eTRAKiT accounts with the City of Rancho Palos Verdes will need to be reset at first log in.

The following permits are currently available to be applied online:

 Community Development Permits           Public Works Permits                 Parking/Other Permits           
 Electrical Panel Upgrade Dumpster Film Permit 
 Reroof Haul Route Residential Parking
Water Heater
  Recreational Parking Del Cerro
  Oversized Vehicle Parking

 Visit the
eTRAKiT Help Guides on this page for instructions and videos if this is your first time to use the system. Frequently Asked Questions may also be found on this page. For additional information or assistance, contact:
 - For Building and Safety Permits please email or call 310-544-5280
- For Business license payments or call the cashier at 310-544-5301
 - For Public Works Permits please call 310-544-5252
 - For eTrakit portal access issues or for general comments about the eTrakit portal please email

RPV eTrakit Portal Link

eTRAKiT Help - Instructions, Videos and FAQs

Welcome to eTRAKiT Help. Here you can find FAQs, How To Documents, and Videos offered. Additional questions may be emailed to the Permit Center or Development Review Team or Divisions at the contact information in the upper left hand corner.

eTRAKiT Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

               BUSINESS LICENSE


Q: Who can use eTRAKiT?

A: eTRAKiT is open to all users.  A contractor that is registered with the City of Rancho Palos Verdes must sign in using the CA State License Board [CSLB] number. If forgot your password or if the password needs to be reset, please enter the email address associated with your eTrakit account. All other users that are not contractors (i.e. homeowners, businesses, realtors or insurance agents) are able to create a user account to create an online application, to schedule an inspection or to apply for the RPV Business License.

Q: What is the difference between a Public and a Contractor account?

A: If you are a contractor or a sub-contractor and have a CA State License Board [CSLB] number, you HAVE to register and use the CONTRACTOR type account. For all other scenarios, the PUBLIC account type is appropriate.

Q: Will eTRAKiT work in any internet browser?

A: It should, but a modern Internet browser like Chrome or Edge is recommended.

Q: I have forgotten my Contractor/Public account password.

A: Please Click Here to reset your password.

Q: I am locked out of eTRAKiT. How do I get back in?

A: The eTRAKiT system is set to automatically unlock every 5 minutes. Wait a little while and try again. If after waiting 5 minutes and reattempting to login you are still unable to get in, contact the appropriate RPV Department.

Q: I keep getting a pop-up that says, "Please verify you are not a robot" but there is no where to verify.

A: Make sure your window is scrolled all the way to the bottom and you should see the nCAPTCHA on the left with a check box for 'I'm not a robot'.

Q: There is no "Apply / New Permit" button on my site, or when I click "Apply / New Permit" button, it blinks and does nothing but take me back to the dashboard.

A:  Ensure all your license insurance paperwork is current with the Permit Center and all license fees have been paid.

Q: I am having trouble locating my permit number when I conduct a search.

A: Be sure to enter the permit number exactly as it appears on your permit. The number needs to be entered in the “search for” field. For example, RERF2021-1234

Q: As a homeowner doing my own work at my home, am I required to obtain a permit?

A:  A building permit is required at any time there is an addition, alteration, repair or conversion to the main structure or an accessory structure.  If you have any questions about whether or not a permit is needed, contact the Building and Safety Division at 3310-544-5280 or by email at



Q: Can I apply for the Business License with the City of Rancho Palos Verdes using the eTrakit portal?

A: Yes! If you are a contractor or a business, please make sure you have an eTrakit account first and simply click on "Apply for New License".

Q: Who do I contact with questions about my RPV Business License application?

A: Please contact the Finance Department by email at or by phone at 310-544-5301. You can also visit the Business License Information page here.


Q: Can I pay for my permit or application online using eTRAKiT?

A: Yes, credit card payments (Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express) are the preferred method of payment and can be paid online. 


Q: What types of permits am I able to submit online? 

A: The following permits are currently available on the eTrakit portal:

  • Dumpster
  • Electrical Panel Upgrade
  • Film
  • Haul Route
  • Residential Parking
  • Recreational Del Cerro
  • Oversized Vehicle Parking
  • Reroof
  • Water Heater

The city is looking to add more permits for online application in the future. If a permit is not available on the eTrakit portal, please continue to submit the traditional application. For more details about the traditional paper application please visit and navigate to the appropriate Department's section. 


Q: Can I schedule building inspections online?

A: Yes, you can schedule inspections in the eTRAKiT portal, but only for permit types currently supported in eTrakit. You can also view your inspection results using eTRAKiT. For step by step instructions, please refer to the RPV eTrakit HOW-TO [Coming Soon] 

Q: Can I cancel an inspection from eTRAKiT?

A: Yes, but only if the inspection has been scheduled-.-