Electronic Plan Check Review
The online submittal system offers flexibility to applicants who submit engineering and construction documents for review with the City of Rancho Palos Verdes Building & Safety Department. In addition to enhancing customer service and communication, this online system offers financial benefits by reducing paper use, printing costs, driving time, and gasoline consumption.
When submitting your plans, please pay attention to the following guidelines. Incomplete and incorrectly sized or formatted plans may substantially delay your project. For more detailed information regarding the Online Plan Check Submittal process ( Click Here )
- Planning approval is required for many types of projects prior to submitting to Building & Safety for Plan Check. Be sure to upload your Planning Clearance.
- Plan Check application with the full detailed scope of work and all other applicable supporting documents (Soils Reports, Calculations and etc., are required when submitting your project.
- Drainage & Grading Reviews can also be submitted.
- Properly label all documents & plans and upload them to to correct designated area. Plans should not be mixed or combined with supporting documents.
- CLICK HERE FOR PLAN CHECK APPLICATION
- Plan Check Review fees will be calculated and submitted to the applicant prior to staff submitting your online plan check request. Plans will not be reviewed until payment is made.
- Once project status has been set to ACCEPTED 1st submittal will take up to 10 business days.
- Subsequent submittals and revisions once ACCEPTED will take up to 5 business days.
- Corrections/Approvals notifications will be sent by email directly from Transtech via Gopost. Be sure to check your spam messages.
- The applicant will be contacted from an RPV Building & Safety Staff once the plan check is APPROVED.
- Electronic Plan Check Submittal Guide
- Steps for Obtaining City Approval for Residential Construction (PDF)
- Plan Check Permit Application
- Owner Builder Declaration (PDF)
- Authorized Agent Form (PDF)
- Geology Submittal Application
- Geologic Review fee schedule 2022
- Retaining Wall Handout (PDF)
- RPV Retaining Wall Checklist
- 2019 Codes Commercial Plan Check List (PDF)
- Plan-Check-Submittal-Checklist 2022
- Permit-Plan Check Extension Form (PDF)
- Minimum Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Best Management Practices Guide for Construction Sites Do's & Don'ts (PDF)
- Building Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Construction hardship request 2017
- Drainage Plan Check Requirements (PDF)
- Dwelling Design Standards (PDF)
- Fire Flow Availability Form (PDF)
- LID PLAN - NPDE - APPLICATION
- Fire Hazard Map (PDF)
- Grading and Drainage plan check list 2019 Codes (PDF)
- Grading Plan Check List (PDF)
- High Fire Hazard Fire Hazard Severity Zone Requirements (PDF)
- Pool and Spa Plan Check List 2019 Codes
- Pool and Spa Procedures (PDF)
- Residential Mandatory Measures (2019 CALGREEN ) (PDF)
- Window and Door Handout (PDF)
- Kitchen Remodel Requirements
- Los Angeles County Fire Department 310-263-2732
- Los Angeles County Fuel Modification 626-969-5205
- South Coast Air Quality Management District 909-396-2000
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health 888-700-9995
- Los Angeles County Department of Sanitation 562-908-4228
Questions or Comments:
Tel: (310) 544-5280
Tel: (310) 544-5279
30940 Hawthorne Boulevard
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
Monday - Thursday
7:30am - 5:30pm
(closed noon to 1pm)
7:30am - 4:30pm
(closed noon to 1pm)
Saturday - Sunday
Monday - Friday
7:30am - 8:30am
4pm - Closing
Allowable Construction Hours
Monday - Friday
7am - 6pm
9am - 5pm
Sunday or Legal Holidays
No work allowed, unless a Special Construction Permit is obtained from the director. Said permit must be requested at least 48 hours before work.