- City Council
- Councilmember David Bradley
Councilmember David (Dave) Bradley
David (Dave) Bradley
Rancho Palos Verdes - City Councilman
General Dynamics Mission Systems - Program Director Strategy and Business Development, Space & Intelligence Systems
David Bradley served as the Mayor of Rancho Palos Verdes in 2022. Dave continues to focus on preserving RPV local control and maintaining the semi-rural atmosphere of the city. Prior to being elected to the RPV City Council, Dave served as the Chairman and member of the City’s Planning Commission where he focused on land use and development issues within the city. Dave also served on the RPV Finance Advisory Committee and was the Vice Chairman of the Lomita Railroad Museum Foundation.
As Mayor of RPV in 2022, Dave had several goals and objectives for the city
- Maintain our continued focus on Public Safety and preserving the fantastic RPV way of life
- Work with the State to craft reasonable housing development standards and criteria
- Focus on restoring and maintaining Local Control and reasonable implementation of SB9 and SB10 regulations
- Implement effective, affordable and long-term solutions for the mitigation of the Portuguese Bend Landslide
- Partner with the United States Coast Guard to develop effective land usage for the “Battery Barnes Bunker” and the “Point Vincente Light House Complex”
- Kick off the planning process to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the incorporation of the City of Rancho Palos Verdes in 2023
Dave was born in Lynwood, California and grew up in the South Bay. He and his family moved to the Palos Verdes Peninsula in 1972, prior to the incorporation of the City of Rancho Palos Verdes in 1973. While living in Palos Verdes, Dave attended Soleado Elementary School, Ridgecrest Intermediate School and graduated from Rolling Hills High School (now Palos Verdes Peninsula High School) in 1982. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering from San Diego State University and a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Southern California. Dave is married to Gretchen Carner and together they have two sons, Cole and Dylan. Cole, the oldest, is a Freshman at the University of Oregon and Dylan is a Senior at Palos Verdes Peninsula High School.
Professionally, Dave is a Program Director at General Dynamics Mission Systems here in Los Angeles, focusing on Advanced Systems Technology, Strategy, Business Development, and IRAD’s for a wide-ranging portfolio of mission solutions. This portfolio includes current and next generation space mission systems, payloads, navigation and communications products, and ground systems programs. Dave leads the Los Angeles / El Segundo team in their engineering research and development efforts, as well as supporting several programs of record. With over 30 years of defense and aerospace industry experience, he crafts new and innovative solutions for critical government customers. Dave previously led space and launch systems programs at several companies including General Dynamics, Martin Marietta, NASSCO, McDonnell Douglas, The Boeing Company, Scitor Corporation, SAIC, and Northrop Grumman.