Lomita Sheriff’s Station
Law enforcement, crime prevention, and community safety are top priorities for the City of Rancho Palos Verdes. The City contracts with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department for law enforcement services through a joint regional law enforcement agreement with the Cities of Rolling Hills and Rolling Hills Estates. The Lomita Sheriff’s Station serves the Peninsula Region Cities, as well as the City of Lomita and the unincorporated areas of Academy Hill and Westfield.
The Deputy City Manager serves as the City’s liaison to the Sheriff’s Department and coordinates with the other cities to support the Regional Law Enforcement Committee (RLEC). The RLEC consists of 2 Council members appointed from each city and meets quarterly with Sheriff’s representatives and staff to discuss crime statistics and trends, law enforcement programs, and the contract budget.
Sheriff services include:
- General and specialized investigations
- Patrol services
- Traffic and parking enforcement
- Various crime prevention services
View Rancho Palos Verdes Local Crime Reports and statistics.
- Anonymous Crime Tips
- Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Organizational Chart (PDF)
- Palos Verdes Nature Preserve Ranger Hotline (PDF)
- Rancho Palos Verdes Neighborhood Watch
- Sheriff Home Burglary Prevention Tips (PDF)
- Volunteers on Patrol
Los Angeles Sheriff Department Updates & Emails
Follow the following links to get connected.
Law Enforcement Videos
- Captain Blaine Bolin Interview
- Distracted Drivers PSA
- Motorcycle PSA
- Officer Knox: Traffic Safety Near Schools PSA