Always check with trusted sources for the latest accurate information about COVID-19.
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health: publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/coronavirus
- California Department of Public Health: cdph.ca.gov/covid19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): cdc.gov/COVID19
- World Health Organization: who.int/coronavirus
- California Governor’s Office:covid19.ca.gov
- County of Los Angeles:lacounty.gov/covid19
- L.A. County residents can also call 2-1-1
FEMA Coronavirus Rumor Control: https://www.fema.gov/Coronavirus-Rumor-Control
Small Business Development Center hosted by El Camino College
The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) hosted by El Camino College provides no-cost, expert entrepreneurial consulting, education, COVID-19 resources, and access to capital assistance to the small business community in the greater South Bay and Los Angeles area. SBDC is part of the Los Angeles Regional SBDC Network, which assists small business owners throughout the Los Angeles, Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties. For more information or to set up an appointment, call 310-225-8277 or visit southbaysbdc.org.
L.A. County Business and Worker Disaster Help Center
The L.A. County Business and Worker Disaster Help Center is a centralized call center and website providing free, one-on-one counseling and support for business owners, workers nonprofits, tenants and landlords who have been adversely affected by the ongoing COVID-19 emergency.
Whether you are a business owner struggling to keep your doors open or a worker who’s uncertain about their next paycheck, L.A. County now has a single location where you can get immediate help, tailored to your situation. You can get assistance from the L.A. County Business and Worker Disaster Help Center in the manner that’s most convenient to you:
- Telephone: (833) 238-4450
- Online: LACountyHelpCenter.org
- Email: DisasterHelpCenter@lacounty.gov
- Social media: @LACHelpCenter on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
The Business and Worker Disaster Help Center, operated jointly by the Departments of Consumer and Business Affairs (DCBA) and Workforce Development, Aging and Community Services, is open to answer calls Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. With the support of our County partners, the Help Center is staffed with dedicated, helpful, and multilingual support.
- Texting “alertsb” to 888-777, which returns a link to register for Everbridge (for COVID-19-related alerts, text the keyword "cv19rpv")
- Registering online at alertsouthbay.com
- Downloading the free Everbridge app on an iOS or Android device from the App Store or Google Play. Select “Find an organization or subscription” and search “alertsb”
Sign up for emergency alerts from Alert LA County at https://lacounty.gov/emergency/alert-la/