Free, same-day COVID-19 tests are available in L.A. County. At this time, testing is prioritized for:
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19. These include:
- Shortness of breath
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- All essential workers regardless of symptoms. This includes:
- Health care workers
- First responders
- Social service employees
- Utility workers
- Food supply workers
- Other public employees
- People who are either over 65 or have chronic underlying health conditions.
- People in institutional congregate living settings, such as skilled nursing or long-term care facilities, homeless shelters, correctional institutions. (Although these groups will not primarily access testing in the County’s drive-up sites.)
Health equity is central to Los Angeles County’s mission to build a network of free COVID-19 testing sites. There are both drive-up and walk-up sites throughout the County.
Locally, there are testing sites at the following locations:
- Beach Cities Health District (514 North Prospect Avenue, Redondo Beach, CA 90277) - Drive-Thru
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center (1000 West Carson Street, Torrance, CA 90502) - Walk-Up
Appointments are necessary. Here are the steps for getting a test appointment:
- Visit the website lacovidprod.service-now.com/rrs
- Answer a series of questions. The answers determine if you are eligible for an appointment.
- If you are eligible, you will receive an appointment confirmation number by email.
- Bring the confirmation number and photo ID to your appointment.
- People with no access to the Internet can dial 2-1-1 for help making an appointment.
- People without a car can be tested as long as they have an appointment. The sites can accommodate pedestrians.
- There are NO walk-up appointments available for people who do not register.
- For a full list of locations and answers to questions about testing, go to covid19.lacounty.gov.
Watch a helpful instructional video below to prepare you to take the test.
Test results may take up to 3-4 days. Positive test results will be notified with a phone call. Negative test results will be notified by email.
Testing on the Peninsula
Exer Urgent Care
395 Silver Spur Road, Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
Palos Verdes Medical Group
550 Deep Valley Drive #319, Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
Palos Verdes Medical Group offers drive-thru COVID-19 testing, as well as antibody testing, on the fourth (top) floor of the Promenade on the Peninsula mall. Testing is by appointment only and open to both PVMG patients and community members. Call PVMG at 310-544-6858 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or to schedule a Telehealth visit.
American Red Cross Testing Donations for COVID-19 Antibodies
The American Red Cross now tests all blood, platelet and plasma donations for COVID-19 antibodies.
The antibody test is authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and may indicate if the donor’s immune system has produced antibodies to the coronavirus, regardless of whether an individual developed symptoms. Red Cross blood, platelet and plasma donations are tested using samples obtained at the time of donation and sent to a testing laboratory, where the samples also undergo routine screening and infectious disease testing. A positive antibody test result does not confirm infection or immunity.
Red Cross donors can expect to receive the results of their antibody test within 7 to 10 days through the Red Cross Blood Donor App or on the donor portal at redcrossblood.org.