- Uniform Planning Application - Application required for most projects.
- Dumpster Permit - Temporary dumpsters for projects with an active building permit.
- Minor Site Plan Review - Minor accessory structures (a/c units, swimming pool, etc.).
- Sign Permit - Temporary and Permanent Signs on private property.
- Temporary Banner Permit - Non-commercial special event banners in the public right-of-way. Apply online.
- Coastal Permit - Most improvements on properties located seaward of Palos Verdes Drive West and South
- Certificate of Compliance - Determination as to whether or not a parcel was legally created.
- Conditional Use Permit - Development or use not readily classified as permitted uses in individual districts
- Corrections or Amendments to Final Maps - Procedure for correcting and amending Final Tract or Parcel Maps
- Division of Land - Subdivisions (Tract Map & Parcel Map)
- Environmental Assessment - Checklist for major projects to determine potential impacts on the environment.
- Exotic Animal Permit - Non-domesticated Pets (e.g. chickens, goats, etc.)
- Fee Waiver Request - Fee waiver for application filing fees.
- General Plan Initiation and/or Amendment - Land use designation changes (i.e. density)
- Geological Investigation Permit - Investigative trenching and/or boring
- Landslide Moratorium Exception Permit - Improvements to properties within the Landslide Moratorium Area
- Large Domestic Animal Permit - Keeping of horses, sheep and goats exceeding the number allowed by-right
- Large Family Day Care Permit - Operation of an in-home day care center in zoning districts other than Single-Family Residential
- Lot Line Adjustment - Adjustment of boundary lines between two abutting properties.
- Minor Exception Permit - Deviations to fence/wall heights and reductions in required setbacks and open space
- - Certain satellite dish antennas and amateur radio antenna assemblies
- Open Space Hazard Interpretation Procedure Application - Move the Open Space Hazard line up to 100'
- Special Construction Permit - Construction on Sundays and legal holidays.
- Special Event Permit - Events partially or fully on public property or right-of-ways (e.g. marathon, etc.)
- Special Use Permit - Events on private property (e.g. golf tournaments, fund raising events, etc.)
- Temporary Vendor Permit - Temporary sales activities
- Variance - Deviations (e.g. exceeding maximum allowed structure heights, required setbacks, etc.)
- Zone Change Permit - Increasing or decreasing density
|Antenna Development Guidelines||Provides direction for proposals involving new wireless communications antenna installations, including co-location on existing antenna sites.|
|Copies of Building Plans||Procedure to request copies of Building Plans in file with the City.|
|Development Standards||Provides minimum or maximum required lot dimensions, setbacks, lot coverage, height and parking requirements for each Single-Family Residential zoning district.|
|EV Charge Unit||Process for the installation of EV (electric vehicle) charging units. Interior wall mounted units are exempt from Planning Division approval.|
|Encroachment Permit||Procedure for encroachment of walls, fences, pilasters, and/or observation booths, or similar structures in the public right-of-way.|
|Extreme Slope Permit||Process to construct a deck which extend/cantilever a maximum of 6' into the extreme slope area (35% or greater), tanks which extend a maximum of 12' into the extreme slope area, and flag poles up to 16' in height on an extreme slope.|
|Fence / Wall Permit||Process to construct a fence or wall up to 7' in height within the rear or side yard setback that is contiguous with another parcel. Some fences or walls are exempt from this permit process.|
|Grading Permit||Process for earthwork projects. If your earthwork is less than the Minor Grading Permit requirement criteria in this handout, it is exempt from Planning Division approval.|
|Green Building Construction Program||Volunteer program for RPV residents who wish to construct green buildings. Incentives include expedited plan review and potential rebate of City's processing fees.|
|Height Variation||Guidelines and procedures for additions over 16' in height (e.g. second story).|
|Landslide Moratorium Exclusion||Procedure for a parcel of land to be excluded from the landslide moratorium area to the City Council.|
|Mailbox||Standard dimensions for mailboxes in the public right-of-way. No Planning Division approval is required if the mailbox is limited to the standard dimensions or smaller.|
|Neighborhood Compatibility||Handbook explaining the purpose and process of Neighborhood Compatibility analysis. This analysis applies to all new homes, remodels involving 50% or more demolition, certain single-story additions, second story additions, projects exceeding allowable lot coverage, certain deck/balcony/roof deck expansions and additions of a mezzanine that modifies the exterior.|
|Site Plan Review - Major||Applies to all projects resulting in additional lot coverage (i.e. single-story additions up to 16' in height, conversions that do not require exterior modifications, covered patios, trellises, storage sheds, decks greater than 30" in height, etc.).|
|Residential Construction||Step-by-step explanations for obtaining City approval for residential construction.|
|Submittal Checklist||Itemized checklist for residential development submittal, including silhouette and property owner mailing list forms.|
|Water Efficient Landscaping||Process and design guidelines for the installation of landscaped areas, altered landscape areas or landscaped area irrigation systems.|