Youth Advisory Committee
The City of Rancho Palos Verdes is excited to announce the formation of its inaugural Youth Advisory Committee, a platform designed to empower and engage the youth of our community. This committee will provide a unique opportunity for young residents to have their voices heard and actively contribute to shaping the future of our city.
Applicants must have written parental consent. The Youth Advisory Committee will be limited to students that are residents of Rancho Palos Verdes. Students may range from 7th to 12th grade.
The application period for this exciting committee is now OPEN! We welcome eager and motivated young individuals who are passionate about making a positive impact in our community. To apply, e-mail the City Clerk’s Office at email@example.com.
The deadline for applications to be filed in the City Clerk’s Office has been extended to 4:30 p.m. on October 6, 2023. If selected, Staff will schedule a time to conduct interviews of the selected applicants.
In addition to the website, this recruitment will be advertised through the City Listserv, Access Reader Board on Channel 35, and RPV TV Ch 33; as well as the City’s Facebook and Nextdoor sites. Don’t wait and apply TODAY!
The Youth Advisory Committee shall serve as a conduit to allow youth to become more involved with the inner workings of the city and allow them to advocate for themselves. By forming the Youth Advisory Committee, the youth community can speak up for themselves and help promote a higher quality of life. The city also serves its youth, as they are the future generations of our city and will become the leaders of the future. By allowing them to become more informed on what’s going on in the city, they can start thinking about pursuing careers in local government. In addition, these students can speak on things they believe need to change and be improved within the city. It is important to allow the youth to voice what they believe in, since it will allow the city to do what is best for them.
The Youth Advisory Committee meetings are TBD by the sub-committee.
Committee Member Term Limits
|Name||Term Begins||Term Expires||First Appointed|
Agendas & Minutes
Current meeting agendas are available at least 72 hours prior to the meeting. Minutes are available following approval along with the agenda in the Archive Meetings section of the page. Agendas and Minutes
- Learn about and become involved with local government. Not only will they take part in City work, but they will also help improve the quality of life for the youth community in the City of Rancho Palos Verdes. Committee members will receive feedback from their peers and use this information to recommend solutions to rising issues.
- Learn about the inner workings of local government and will receive guidance and a new understanding of how the City’s goals are developed and implemented.
- Receive feedback from the youth community to improve the quality of life for children and teenagers.
- Help to inform the youth community about ongoing events, programs, and other activities within the City of Rancho Palos Verdes.
- Help provide the youth with the opportunity to voice their opinions and propose issues within the city or any area they may have.
- Assist with City projects or planning of City events.
Contacting the Youth Advisory Committee (YAC)
The most effective manner to communicate with the YAC is to send an email message to YAC. All email messages sent to the YAC email address are automatically forwarded to each YAC member’s individual City email address.
Phone messages will be forwarded to the YAC by calling City Clerk's office at (310) 544-5217.